A minor fire inside the cabin of Corporation Commissioner K.R.Selvaraj created flutter here on Friday evening.

No damage

It was immediately put out. No damage was reported.

Official sources said an electrical short-circuit in the line connecting the exhaust fan was the reason.

Meeting

The incident occurred soon after the Corporation council meeting ended.

As soon as thick smoke was seen from near the exhaust fan, the staff acted quickly to extinguish the fire.

In another incident, fire broke out on a spinning mills premises near Uthukuli on Friday morning.

Fire and Rescue Services Department sources said no major loss occurred as the fire was doused immediately.

More In: TAMIL NADU | NATIONAL