Mallasamudram police said that A. Dhanasekar (38), a tattoo designer of Vendipalayam in Erode district, reportedly died after he consumed acid mistaking it for water during the late hours of Saturday. According to the police, three days ago he and his family had come to the Kalipatti Murugan Temple near Mallasamudram, in Namakkal district, to tattoo devotes who came there for Thaipoosam festival.

According to a complaint lodged by his wife Maariammal (37), it was around 10 p.m. on Saturday when he had supper and mistook a jug of acid for water and drank it. He raised an alarm and was rushed to government hospital where he died on Sunday.

More In: TAMIL NADU | NATIONAL