Fire broke out in a godown attached to a factory which manufactures ayurveda medicine, located at Thenkalam in Tirunelveli on Sunday morning.
According to sources, electrical short circuit was said to be the cause of the accident.
However, no casualty has been reported. Fire and Rescue Services personnel attached to Pettai rushed to the spot and battled for long hours to douse the flames. Fire tenders from Palayamkottai and Cheranmahadevi also arrived at the scene to bring the fire under control.
Since the raw material was stashed in gunny bags, it took a long time to put out the flames.
Proprietor of the factory, S. Basheer Ahmed filed a case with Thalayoothu police.