Special Correspondent

CHENNAI: A plumber who was working on the Anna Centenary Library construction site was electrocuted on Tuesday.

Police said S. Murali (28) of Kolathur was trying to fix a wash basin when he came in contact with live wire and died. The body was shifted to the Government Royapettah Hospital for post-mortem.

Kancheepuram

Two students of a catering institute at Chengalpattu died on Wednesday after they accidentally came into contact with live electric wire.

According to police, the accident took place at 2-30 p.m. when Madhankumar and Shanmugham, both first-year students, tried to lift a worn out signboard of their institute located in a building near the new bus stand. The iron rods used to fix the board came into contact with a live overhead wire when they lifted the board from the first floor to the terrace.

More In: TAMIL NADU | NATIONAL