Fire broke out at an electronic goods shop on Oppanakara Street and another shop premises on Cross Cut Road.

Sources in the Fire and Rescue Services Department said that people waiting at a bus stop on Oppanakara Street noticed smoke coming out of the electronics shop around 6 a.m. on Sunday and alerted the Department.

Fire fighters put out the flames but the goods inside the shop were damaged.

At a shopping complex on Cross Cut Road on Saturday night, fire broke out on the ground floor shop, which was getting ready to be used as an office space. Paint and wooden materials were inside.