SEARCH

Dead lizard creates panic, students given first aid

Special Correspondent
print   ·   T  T  
E. Saravanavel Raj, Collector, interacting with a student at the Government Hospital in Sendurai of Ariyalur district on Wednesday.
E. Saravanavel Raj, Collector, interacting with a student at the Government Hospital in Sendurai of Ariyalur district on Wednesday.

Students of Government High School at Periyakurichi near here were given first aid as a preventive measure following a panic caused by a dead lizard at the kitchen.

According to official sources, the noon meal organiser found the dead lizard at the kitchen and immediately alerted the headmaster. Though none of the students developed nausea, the school authorities rushed 90 students, including 32 girls, to the government hospital at Sendurai.

E. Saravanavel Raj, Collector, visited the hospital and oversaw the medical treatment given to the students. He informed the parents that their wards were safe. The students were later sent home.

More In: TAMIL NADU | NATIONAL

O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in TAMIL NADU

Farmers displayed up to 800 varieties of paddy.Photo: M. Vedhan

Seeding for a healthy future

It was his urge to give good pesticide-free food and thereby, a healthy life to his young daughter that drove R. Mithunkumar to get into... »