Special Correspondent

Employees escape unhurt

CUDDALORE: A fire that broke out in a fabric unit at the SIPCOT Industrial Estate here on Wednesday damaged a boiler.

It took the fire tenders four hours to put out the fire. Employees of the unit escaped unhurt.

The company is stated to have suffered a loss of Rs 1.5 crore.

According to R.Devanathan, personnel manager of the unit, as soon as smoke was noticed the fire tenders and foam extinguishers from the nearby units were mobilised. They were soon joined by fire tenders of the Fire Service and Rescue Department from Nellikuppam and Cuddalore.

Mr. Devanathan said the cause of the fire could be the leak of thermic oil or furnace oil.

More In: TAMIL NADU | NATIONAL