Special Correspondent

PERAMBALUR: A 10th standard student was reported to have been electrocuted after he came into contact with a live wire at the Government Higher Secondary School at Padalur near here on Saturday evening.

According to police, the incident took place when the boy, Arun (15), climbed over a school building to fetch a ball while playing cricket at the school grounds.

He was rushed to a private hospital initially and later referred to the Government Hospital in Perambalur.

But he died on the way.

Following the incident, agitated villagers gathered before the school demanding an explanation from the authorities.

Superintendent of Police V.Vanitha rushed to the spot and pacified the villagers.

The boy’s body was later sent for post-mortem.

Police have registered a case and were investigating it.

More In: TAMIL NADU | NATIONAL