Staff Reporter

VIRUDHUNAGAR: Voters who have lost their photo identity card can apply for a duplicate card, Collector K. Raghupathi has said.

Chairing a meeting of officials, the Collector said that people could also replace smudged cards by submitting duly filled in 001-C application to their respective Tahsildars.

The duplicate card would be issued after verification, he said.

Applications for inclusion and deletion of names in the draft electoral rolls have been extended till December 2 and all persons who complete 18 years of age as on January 1, 2009 were eligible for inclusion of their names.

The Collector has instructed officials to conduct second verification of those applications that were rejected in 2008 because of technical reasons or people not having attained 18 years of age then.