Focus on cyclone risk mitigation project
The team will review State’s preparedness
Centre to fund the project
BHUBANESWAR: A pre-appraisal mission of the World Bank on India Cyclone Risk Mitigation Project (ICRMP) will arrive here on Thursday a three-day visit of the State. The team will review the State government’s preparedness for implementation of the project, according to the Orissa State Disaster Management Authority (OSDMA), which is the nodal agency under Revenue and Disaster Management Department to implement the project.
The mission, headed by N. Raghava, will comprise procurement experts, financial specialists, environment and social screening specialists as members. Senior officers from National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) will also visit the State along with the mission. The project will be implemented in the coastal districts of Balasore, Bhadrak, Kendrapara, Jagatsinghpur, Puri and Ganjam.
The Detailed Project Reports (DPR) and bid documents for the first year projects have been completed and the State government was fully prepared to take up the project work, according to the release.
The project will be funded by the Central government of as a grant to the State through National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA).
The Central government will provide 75 per cent of the project cost as a grant and the State government will bear the remaining 25 per cent of the project cost.
The State government has made budget provision towards State share for implementation of the project.
A total of 149 cyclone shelters and 6 shelter-cum-godowns, 143 approach roads and 156.98 km of saline embankments will be constructed in the State under the project at a total cost of Rs.576.12 crore.