After staying out of courtrooms for last nine days, the lawyers of Cuttack city on Tuesday called off their agitation and

have decided to attend courts, including the Odisha High Court, from Wednesday. The two-day long statewide boycott of courts by lawyers also came to an end, said Odisha High Court Bar Association secretary Piyuash Mishra. “As we have decided to resume work from Wednesday, lawyers across the State—who had supported our cause and boycotted their respective courts for last two days—shall also resume their work accordingly,” Mr Mishra said after the general body meeting of the Association on Tuesday afternoon.

The Cuttack lawyers had been e boycotting the court activities since last Monday protesting against the attack on advocate Iswar Chandra Das and his son. Subsequently, the lawyers of all the 147 bars of the State joined the agitation asking the State government to bring in a legislation to ensure that all steps were taken to protect the lawyers from such attacks.

On the other hand, city DCP S Praveen Kumar on the day submitted a status report pertaining to the police investigation into the advocate assault case before the bench headed by Chief Justice V Gopala Gowda. When informed that four persons have already been arrested in the matter, the HC asked the city police to make a sincere effort to apprehend the remaining two accused in the case.