‘Over government's failure, inaction'
The families of Partha Biswas and Soumyajit Basu, who went missing from the Jangal Mahal area in October 2010, have threatened to go on a hunger strike, if the State government failed to come up with any concrete information about them.
Mr Biswas, a police personnel who the State government has since rewarded, and his school-teacher friend Mr Basu, went missing from the Ayodhya Hills area on October 22, 2010.
Efforts by the State government to trace them or get any information have been unsuccessful so far and the families are now getting frustrated at the government's ‘inaction and failure'.The families have made repeated visits to the State Secretariat and also met the senior-most police officials. The Chief Minister had also assured them that the government was doing all that it could to help find the two.
The wives of the two men finally met the press on Thursday and said that the only option left before them was to launch a hunger strike. “We have been waiting for the authorities to act effectively,” they said.
Curiously, although the State police sent out a look-out notice for the duo seeking information, there was no response either from the Maoists, who are suspected of having abducted them, or anyone else.