A migrant labourer died of snake bite in Panchhat village, the police said on Thursday.

Lakhan, 40, from Bihar, was on Wednesday bitten by a snake when he was working at a farmhouse, the police said.

He was rushed to a nearby hospital, but later, on some villagers’ suggestion, taken to a ‘venom-treatment specialist’ in an adjoining village, they said.

The “specialist” sucked out the snake venom using a ‘ manka ’ (a button-like device to suck out venom), the police said, adding that Lakhan was then brought back to the farmhouse where he was working.

However, in the evening Lakhan succumbed, they said.- PTI

RELATED NEWS

Labourer dies as roof caves inAugust 18, 2013

More In: NEW DELHI | NATIONAL