A fire broke out in the flat of a senior government official in Karol Bagh here on Sunday. No casualties were reported.
The fire broke out in the second floor flat of a multi-storey building when its owner Kanhaiya Lal, a deputy director in the Ministry of Defence, was away along with his family. “Mr. Lal had gone to the market when the fire broke out due to a short circuit. Two fire tenders reached the spot and put out the flames,” said a senior police officer.
The building was evacuated during the fire-fighting operation.