Sub-Inspector held on graft chargeNEW DELHI: A Delhi police sub-inspector has been arrested by the Central Bureau of Investigation for allegedly demanding and accepting bribe from a cable operator at Ambedkar Nagar in South Delhi.

According to the CBI, the cable operator had lodged a complaint with the Anti-Corruption Branch (ACB) of the premier investigating agency saying that Sub-Inspector Rajesh Kumar of Ambedkar Nagar police station was demanding Rs. 50,000 for not arresting him in a criminal case.

Following the complaint, the ACB laid a trap on Thursday and arrested Rajesh when he allegedly accepted Rs. 10,000 as first instalment.

Two alleged robbers arrestedNEW DELHI: Two persons who had allegedly robbed a woman after gaining entry into her house on some pretext in New Friends Colony here on Thursday were caught by local residents while fleeing.

Two held on murder chargeNEW DELHI: Two persons have been arrested by North-East Delhi police for allegedly killing a 30-year-old man at Gokulpuri in North-East Delhi this past Tuesday.

According to the police, Ashok Kumar, a resident of Shiv Vihar, was found dead in a vacant plot in Gokulpuri on Wednesday morning.

FCI to release wheatNEW DELHI: Food Corporation of India (FCI) will release 25,000 tonnes of wheat under the Open Market Sale Scheme (OMSS) to Delhi in March. This is in addition to 10,000 tonnes released earlier this month.

With this, the total release of wheat under OMSS from January 2006 in different States is 6.48 lakh tonnes. According to a statement issued by the Department of Food & Public Distribution, this additional release along with the arrival of wheat from Gujarat is expected to improve supply and ease open market prices.

Bomb hoaxNEW DELHI: The booking counter section at Old Delhi railway station was evacuated twice on Friday following bomb hoax calls.

According to a Northern Railway spokesperson, passengers spotted an unclaimed luggage on the platform around 5 p.m. and alerted the authorities. The bomb disposal squad and sniffer dogs were pressed into service. However, after an extensive search, the police declared it a hoax.