Chhattisgarh Government says it has passed order in this regard
New Delhi: The Chhattisgarh Government has admitted in the Supreme Court that Salwa Judum and security forces had burnt houses and looted property and compensation has been ordered to the families of the victims of these atrocities.
In its response to a petition filed by Nandini Sundar and others highlighting the atrocities, Chhattisgarh Government said it had passed an appropriate order that residents of uninhabited villages would be rehabilitated and that residents of camps would be given rations and health protection.
Further, it said that security forces should not occupy schools or ashram buildings, which had been a long standing demand of the human rights movement in different parts of the country.
The order said: “Necessary action be ensured for rehabilitation of uninhabited families by District Level Rehabilitation Committee constituted under the chairmanship of Collector. Necessary scheme/proposal with respect to rehabilitation be sent to State Level Rehabilitation Committee. Necessary relief money be given in cases of properties damaged by Salwa Judum activists/security forces, besides naxalite violence, after village wise analysis.”
“Security forces be not allowed to stay in school/ashram buildings. Construction of barracks etc. required for stay of police force, be got carried out with the help of Police Department/Authority. Facilities of ration distribution, public distribution system, health toilet etc. in the relief camps be ensured. Inquiries and sudden inspection of complaints be carried out with respect to black-marketing of ration-distribution and kerosene. Proceedings on the aforementioned suggestions be commenced and its monthly report of steps taken be sent.” The case comes up for further hearing on Tuesday.