Man sets himself afire

NEW DELHI: A 40-year-old man allegedly set himself afire at Lodhi Colony here on Saturday. He was admitted to hospital with serious burn injuries.

It all happened in the morning when Vinod, who along with his family lives in the servant quarters of a bungalow at Jor Bagh in Lodhi Colony, poured thinner on himself and set himself afire. Enquiries by the police revealed that he had been suffering from depression as his parents had died in the past two months.

Arrested with smack

NEW DELHI: A 38-year-old man, allegedly possessing smack, was arrested at Nandnagri in North-East Delhi on Saturday. The police claim to have recovered 20 gm of smack from him.

According to the police, Kailash Chand was arrested by a Special Staff team from near Gagan Cinema at Nandnagri. During interrogation, he allegedly disclosed that earlier he had worked as a labourer and entered into the drug peddling business to improve his financial condition.

Held for selling fake fabric

NEW DELHI: Two persons have been arrested by the District Investigation Unit of the North-East Delhi police on charges of selling fabric bearing fake stickers of a renowned company.

One of the accused, Veerpal, was arrested at Bhajanpura on Friday. The police recovered 103 rolls of fabric bearing fake stickers. At his instance, the police arrested Amit Aggarwal and seized over 1,600 stickers of the brand and 15 rolls of fabric.

Killed in accident

New Delhi: An autorikshaw driver was killed on Saturday morning after being hit by an unknown vehicle in Nizamuddin area in South Delhi.

According to the police, 30-year-old Nafis Ahmed who was standing near his parked auto at Sarai Kale Khan Road was hit by some unknown vehicle. He received grievous head injuries and was declared brought dead by the doctors at a nearby hospital.

Dies at Trade Fair

NEW DELHI: A 69-year-old man died at Pragati Maidan here on Saturday. The police suspect it to be a case of natural death. According to the police, the man, who had come to the ongoing Trade Fair, collapsed around 4-30 p.m. He was rushed to hospital where he was declared dead on arrival.