Staff Reporter

While repairing 11 kV transmission line

PATHANAMTHITTA: A 25-year-old worker attached to the Kerala State Electricity Board (KSEB) was electrocuted when he came into contact with a live wire while repairing an 11 kV transmission line at Muthoor, near Thiruvalla, on Saturday.

The deceased has been identified as Rejikumar of Ambalappuzha Mannancheril in Alappuzha district. The KSEB authorities said the death was due to unexpected charging of the transmission line when a generator sans interlocking facility was put on at a nearby private apartment.

The Fire and Rescue Force personnel and the police from the Thiruvalla brought down the body from the electric post and it was taken to a hospital in Thiruvalla by the police.

Meanwhile, a group of irate mob threw stones at the private apartment, smashing its windowpanes, in protest against the incident.

The KSEB authorities said the live generator without interlocking system at the apartment might have resulted in the charging of transmission lines in its immediate vicinity.

The Thiruvalla police have registered a case in connection with the incident.

More In: KERALA | NATIONAL