Dubai: A 35-year-old Indian tailor is battling for life in a Bahrain hospital after he suffered serious burns at his rented accommodation there. Fund-raisers are now trying to collect money for C.P. Moidu who suffered 40 per cent burns after his polyester shirt caught fire from a kerosene stove. He has already become disabled after doctors amputated eight fingers from both hands, said his friend P. Abdul Hameed.

A tailor, Moidu is the sole breadwinner of his family, which includes wife and an eight-year-old son, at Karukaputhoor in Palakkad. PTI

More In: KERALA | NATIONAL