A fire broke out in a hotel in the city on Tuesday.

Smoke was detected coming from an air conditioner on the fourth floor of Hotel Marina Residency on YMCA Cross Road at around 1 p.m. Fire and Rescue Services personnel from the Beach fire station reached the hotel and extinguished the fire.

Sources said only two units of water were used to extinguish the fire. A short-circuit in the air conditioner is suspected to have caused the fire. No casualties were reported, though 20 chairs and roofing material were destroyed.

The Fire and Rescue Services personnel were led by Station Officer Babu Thomas and Assistant Station Officer P. Ajith Kumar, and Antony Sebastian from the Meenchanda station.

More In: KERALA | NATIONAL