THIRUVANANTHAPURAM: A fire that broke out in Minister for Finance T.M. Thomas Isaac's office room on the second floor of the main block at the Secretariat on Wednesday afternoon gave anxious moments to the security agencies.
Dr. Isaac was not in his office at the time. He was at the Inspection Bungalow at Vizhinjam preparing the Budget to be presented in the Assembly on Friday.
The staff in the Minister's office noticed smoke billowing out from the room around 2 p.m. They immediately alerted the security officials.
The security officials and Fire and Rescue Services personnel broke open the glass door of the room and doused the flames.
Two tables and two telephones were destroyed in the fire. It was caused by a short circuit from a computer, Fire and Rescue Services personnel said.
The Minister's office clarified that the fire did not damage any documents.