A newborn baby boy was found dead in a storm water drain near Pattegarpalya in the Kamakshipalya police station limits here on Wednesday.

Shocked locals, who spotted a dog feeding parts of the body to its puppies around 3 p.m., called the police.

The body was wrapped in a polythene cover.

Meanwhile, police are searching records of hospitals in the vicinity for details of recent births.

Railway employee attacked

Srinivas, a senior technician at the Electrical Department of the South Western Railway suffered a deep stab injury when three unidentified men attacked him near the Railway Yard at the Bangalore City Railway station here on Tuesday night.

According to S. Prasanna Kumar, President of South Western Railway Employees Union, the attackers stabbed Mr. Srinivas in the thigh when he was returning from work and left him bleeding at the yard

Railway employees and association members will meet S. Mani, Divisional Railway Manager of the South Western Railway, to brief him on the incident.

City railway police station officials said that they are probing the attack.

Man murdered

A ward boy at the Employees State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) Hospital in Indiranagar was killed by unidentified persons near his house in Cubbonpet at around 6 p.m. on Tuesday.

According to a complaint filed by Kamala, his wife, Basavaraju (42), left home after receiving a phone call.

He returned around half an hour later profusely bleeding from his head, nose and ears. He was not in a position to speak.

He was rushed to the hospital but succumbed to his injuries.

Knocked down

A recklessly driven truck knocked down Jayprakash (28) who was riding a two-wheeler on the ITPL Road near Whitefield late on Tuesday and killed him on the spot.

The truck driver fled the spot. The police seized his vehicle.

Stabbed to death

A 24-year-old labourer was stabbed to death by unidentified persons in a bar in Jnanabharathi police station limits here in the late hours of Wednesday.

The police said Venkatesh was fully drunk when he was attacked with lethal weapons.

The assailants fled.

Locals arranged a vehicle and rushed him to hospital where he died.