SEARCH

Popularise 40:60 scheme, MUDA officials told

print   ·   T  T  
For an update: Urban Development Minister S. Suresh Kumar inspecting projects taken up by the Mysore Urban Development Authority in Mysore on Monday. Mysore City Corporation Commissioner K.S. Raikar, MUDA Commissioner P.C. Jayanna and Deputy Commissioner P. Manivanan are seen.
For an update: Urban Development Minister S. Suresh Kumar inspecting projects taken up by the Mysore Urban Development Authority in Mysore on Monday. Mysore City Corporation Commissioner K.S. Raikar, MUDA Commissioner P.C. Jayanna and Deputy Commissioner P. Manivanan are seen.

Staff Correspondent

Set up vigilance and coordination cell, Minister for Urban Development S. Suresh Kumar tells MUDA

Under 40:60 scheme, layout is formed and developed at MUDA’s cost

Owner who gives away his land will get

40 per cent of the developed area

Mysore: Minister for Urban Development, Parliamentary Affairs and Law S. Suresh Kumar on Monday has asked the Mysore Urban Development Authority (MUDA) Commissioner to constitute a vigilance cell just like done by the Bangalore Development Authority (BDA) to identify buildings and structures that have been built flouting the norms.

“Once they are identified, it will help the MUDA to take action against the guilty and stop encroachment of the government land,” Mr Kumar said here on Monday.

Addressing officials after reviewing the development works undertaken by the MUDA, the Minister directed the MUDA officials to furnish all relevant documents to land owners (farmers) after acquiring their land for development of sites under the 40:60 scheme.

Under this scheme, MUDA will develop land acquired from farmers into sites 40 percent of which will be given to the land owner and the remaining 60 per cent of the developed land will be retained by the MUDA to form layouts. According to Mr. Suresh Kumar, no compensation will be given to farmers while acquiring their land. Instead, MUDA will at its own cost develop the land and give back 40 per cent of the land acquired to the owner. Later, the land owner concerned would be free to sell his part of the developed land. The No-Objection Certificate for sites allotted to the land owner under the scheme should be given immediately, the Minister told the officials.

Mr. Suresh Kumar instructed the officials to popularise the scheme by way of providing relevant information to the owners of lands whose property has been identified for the formation of sites.He said steps would be taken to auction the properties of the MUDA, whose lease period has expired, at the market price.

The first preference for buying the properties will be given to those who had taken the properties on lease. The measure will bring a lot of revenue to the MUDA.

He said the citizens’ charter was ready and officials have been asked to use effective medium to reach out to the people.

He said that a public relations officer should be appointed so that he can address complaints and take care of the publicity activities. Mr. Suresh Kumar said a Coordination Cell would be set up at the MUDA which will coordinate with other departments to take up development works.

Inspection

Earlier, Mr. Suresh Kumar inspected the development works taken up by MUDA here. Deputy Commissioner P. Manivanan, who is also the MUDA Chairman, MUDA Commissioner P.C. Jayanna, and Mysore City Corporation Commissioner K.S. Raikar were among others who accompanied the Minister.

Mr. Suresh Kumar inspected the sports complex coming up at Vijayanagar first stage, park development works near Kalidasa Road in Vijayanagar first stage, park development works at A Block in Vijayanagar third stage and underground reservoir work in Vijayanagar third stage.

Inauguration

Earlier in the day, Mr. Suresh Kumar inaugurated the training programme for the MUDA staff on “Behavioural Management at Workplace” at the Vivekananda Institute for Leadership Development (VILD) here.

The programme was aimed at imparting leadership skills to participants.

On the occasion, he advised the MUDA staff to develop a more positive attitude while dealing with clients.

Based on the outcome of the training programme a decision will be taken on whether to replicate the same in other departments, he added.

More In: KARNATAKA | NATIONAL

O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in KARNATAKA

Tumkur may get railway varsity

Apart from being developed as an industrial smart city, Tumkur may soon have a railway university to boost economic activity in the regio... »