Minister for Energy, and Food and Civil Supplies Shobha Karandlaje has said that information on the 18 lakh bogus ration cards and over 30 lakh LPG connections would be made public in 10 days.

Speaking to presspersons after felicitating women achievers at a function here on Sunday, Ms. Karandlaje said that notices would be issued to people who had taken LPG connections using invalid documents.

“If they give valid documents for these LPG connections, they will be continued. Otherwise, we will disconnect the LPG connections ”, she said. The Minister said that there were no claimants for 18 lakh ration cards that were suspected to be bogus. “In the last two months, we have stopped supply of ration to people with these bogus cards. So far, none of them has lodged a complaint”, she said.

More In: KARNATAKA | NATIONAL