A minor fire broke out in the basement of Manipal Hospital on HAL Airport Road on Thursday afternoon when UPS batteries kept there caught fire. However, no injuries were reported.

Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot after fire department officials received a call around 2 p.m. Officials said 60 of the total 130 batteries had burnt leading to a minor fire that was completely doused in an hour.

Hospital authorities issued a statement saying battery burning was responsible for the fire.

More In: KARNATAKA | NATIONAL