A man and his wife died in a fire accident in their house near Ram Mandir on Ring Road here on Wednesday.

According to the police, the accident occurred while Kavita Dongre (32) was cooking on a kerosene stove.

Hearing her cries, Kavita’s husband Avinash Kashinath Dongre (34) rushed to help her. However, he too suffered burns. While Avinash died at the Government General Hospital on Wednesday night, his wife died on Thursday.

Case registered

The police have registered a case of unnatural death.