An employee of the Chamundeshwari Electricity Supply Corporation was electrocuted while repairing an 11-kV transformer, near the Government Polytechnic, in K.R. Pet on Wednesday. Police identified the deceased as A.H. Nanjunde Gowda (35), a native of Annechakana halli in Holenarsipur taluk in Hassan district. According to police, power supply in the area was disrupted. However, it was restored while he was repairing the transformer. He died on the spot. — Staff Correspondent

More In: KARNATAKA | NATIONAL