GULBARGA: In two separate incidents of suspected food poisoning, more than 240 students were provided emergency treatment in Shahapur and Surpur after they developed symptoms of food poisoning.

According to reports reaching here, over 80 students at Hunasagundigi village in Shahapur taluk started vomiting after eating the midday meal in the government school. They were taken to Shahapur Government Hospital for treatment.

In the other incident, nearly 60 students of the Morarji Desai Residential School in Kembhavi developed symptoms of food poisoning after they consumed the lime rice given to them for breakfast.

More In: KARNATAKA | NATIONAL