Three days after consuming Ramanavami panaka at the Muthu Maramma temple, two new patients, a child and a woman of Azadnagar, were admitted to the State-run Victoria Hospital here on Monday.

Victoria Hospital medical superintendent G. Gurushankar confirmed that the patients were admitted, following vomiting, diarrhoea and dehydration.

Case registered

The Chamarajpet police have booked a case of negligence leading to death against the temple management after the drink said to be containing contaminated water claimed three lives and left over 70 people ill after consuming panaka and buttermilk.

More In: KARNATAKA | NATIONAL