A fire broke out in the office of “Sharekhan”, a share-broking branch on the second floor of Shree Maa Enclave building at Kunjibettu here on Friday, destroying furniture and other office equipment.

Fire Station Officer Sadashiva Shettigar told The Hindu that the Fire and Emergency Services got the distress call at 6.35 p.m. Two fire tenders were rushed to the spot and the fire was brought under control.

Two telephones, three air-conditioners, eight computers, a printer, a laptop, a LCD television, three chairs, and electrical and telephone wiring were destroyed, he said.

More In: KARNATAKA | NATIONAL