Staff Reporter

BANGALORE: An alert public chased and caught two youths who snatched a cellphone from a man in Fraser Town police station limits on Wednesday night.

The police said that around 7 p.m., two youths riding a motorcycle, threatened Santosh with a knife and snatched his mobile phone while he was walking on Banaswadi Main Road After Santosh raised an alarm, passers-by chased and caught the two motorists. They were identified as Sendil Kumar and Karthik, the police said. The Fraser Town police have registered a case of robbery.

Man stabs wife

A newly-married woman was stabbed in the abdomen allegedly by her husband in Kengeri police station limits on Wednesday evening. A seriously injured Reshma (23) is battling for life at a private hospital, the police said.

Sadiq, an iron merchant and a resident of Shirke Apartments in Kengeri Satellite Town, was in love with Reshma of Neelasandra and had married her six months ago. The marriage went sour. On Wednesday evening, Sadiq took Reshma to a restaurant and stabbed her with a knife on their way back before fleeing. The Kengeri police have registered a case of attempt to murder and are on the lookout for Sadiq.

Businessman ends life

A debt-ridden businessman hanged himself to death from a ceiling fan at his house on Cubbonpet Main Road Wednesday night. The police said Neelakantappa (53), who had borrowed from banks, had suffered loss in business. The Ulsoor Gate police have registered a case.

Killed in accident

A pedestrian, Shivanna (48) of Laggere, was seriously injured after he was hit by a car on Kamakshipalya Main Road around 8.30 p.m. on Wednesday. The car driver rushed him to hospital where he died later at night. The Peenya traffic police have registered a case.


The Thalaghattapura police on Thursday arrested Thimmarayi alias Thimmarayappa and N. Lakshminarayan on charges of murder. Both are accused in the murder of the president of Doddakallasandra Gram Panchayat Muniswamy. A group of nine persons reportedly killed Muniswamy in October 2006.

The incident took place when Muniswamy and his friends, who were going in a car, were waylaid by a group led by Thimmarayi and Lakshminarayan. The police said that the group had decided to kill Muniswamy as he had won the election against Srinivas, another accused in the case. Thimmarayi and Lakshminarayan were at large since the murder. The seven other accused had been arrested, the police said.


Raghavendra (24), a call centre employee, on Wednesday night committed suicide by hanging himself from a tree in Cubbon Park. The police said that the body was discovered in the morning by joggers, who informed the police. They said that they were yet to ascertain the motive behind the suicide. A case has been registered.