Around 20 passengers who were travelling in a Bangalore Metropolitan Transport Corporation bus had a close call when the bus, which was heading towards Jalahalli here, caught fire in front of Yeshwanthpur bus depot on Thursday.

The bus driver who noticed the smoke from the engine immediately stopped the bus on road and asked the passengers to get off the bus, before informing the police and the BMTC officials.

“A short circuit in the engine caused the fire,” said officials of the Yeshwantpur bus depot.

More In: KARNATAKA | NATIONAL