Staff Reporter

BANGALORE: Several families were rendered homeless after around 90 huts were reduced to ashes in a fire that broke out at a hutment at Ashrayanagar on Tumkur Road, near Peenya, on Tuesday night.

Five fire tenders rushed to the spot and put out the fire. However, before the fire tenders could reach the spot, household articles, groceries, and clothes were destroyed. There were no casualties.

Ansamma, a worker, told presspersons that her hard earned Rs. 1,900, which she had saved for months, was gutted in the fire. The affected families, including some nursing mothers.