The Hindu Education Plus is happy to announce a daily quiz from January 1 to 10 during the Vijayawada Book Festival-2006. You are requested to tick the right answer in the boxes provided against each question and also give your personal details, including your contact number (this is compulsory without which the entry form will not be considered). Please put the coupon in the drop box at The Hindu stall at the book festival at PWD Grounds before 7 p.m. every day. There are four prizes to be won every day. Names of prize winners will be announced in tomorrow's newspaper. If there are more than four correct entries, the winners will be decided by draw of lots. Winners will be given away prizes at The Hindu stall.
1. What is the latest book in the Harry Potter series?
Half-Blood Prince Goblet of Fire Prisoner of Azkaban
Chamber of Secrets2. Sania Mirza lost to which player in the Australian Open 2005?
Venus Williams Serena Williams Maria Sharapova
Lindsay Davenport3. Who was the special observer of the Election Commission of India for the 2005 Bihar Assembly elections?
G.V.G. Krishna Murthy T.S.Krishna Murthy K.J. Rao
4. Who is the award-winning heroine of Telugu film "Anand"?
Trisha Jyothika Kamalinee Mukherjee
5. The 75th year of which important event of the freedom struggle was observed in 2005?
Non-cooperation Dandi March Quit India
6. Kalachakra, the religious congregation of Buddhists, is related to which aspect of Buddhism?
Renunciation Salvation Middle Path Empowerment
7. Which Indian film was recently named among the top 10 films by Time magazine?
Black Mangal Pandey Lagaan Page-3
8. Name the European country that handed over Abu Salem to India?
Italy France Portugal Germany
9. What scandal led to the resignation of Natwar Singh from the Union Cabinet?
Oil-for-Food MPLADS Cash-for-Questions
10. How many Test centuries did Sachin Tendulkar score so far?
33 34 35 36
Prizes sponsored by
Tel. No.: _____________________________________________________