Hand touches electric wire as he falls from balcony
VISAKHAPATNAM: Ragging by senior students has allegedly cost a student his left hand while his right leg has been badly injured. This incident allegedly happened recently in Bobbili and the victim is now recovering at the King George Hospital here.
B. Rajendra of Jeedimetla in Hyderabad had joined the chemical engineering stream at the Tandra Paparayudu Polytechnic in Bobbili last month. On July 24, two senior students of the polytechnic allegedly went to Rajendra's room in the second floor of a building under construction in Koradaveedhi around 7 p.m. The duo asked Rajendra to give them his television set and beat him up when he refused. Rajendra retaliated and in the scuffle, fell from balcony. His left hand touched an electric wire while the left leg was caught in the steel rods protruding from the slab of the second floor.
Neighbours rushed him to a hospital in Bobbili. He was immediately referred to KGH. His forearm was amputated on Thursday. The rest of his arm was removed on Monday.
Rajendra's mother Manga and his two brothers rushed to Visakhapatnam on hearing the news from their relatives in Bobbili. Ms. Manga told reporters that her son had been advised by locals not to mention ragging as the reason for the accident. He had revealed the fact only after his mother and brothers reached here.
Rajendra's uncle left for Bobbili on Tuesday to lodge a complaint with the principal of the polytechnic.