One of the oldest celebrations all over the world, New Year is a time for new hopes, festivities, indulgences and think about the future and forget the past. All the countries had their own New Year festivals based on the calendars, whether lunar or solar, and most of them were based on agricultural or astronomical influences.
New Year is the time to indulge in wild parties and wash oneself with the booze, to dance all through the night, enjoy fireworks, take part in parades and follow the regional traditions and customs. It is the time to visit families and friends and exchange gifts. New Year sends out the message of love and unity for all, wash off the guilt and renew all hopes and dreams. It is time to thank God for his infinite blessings.
Top New Year resolutions
. 1) Spend more time with family and friends: People vow to appreciate loved ones and spend more time with family and friends.
2) Fit in fitness: The evidence is on for fitness. Regular exercise has been associated with more health benefits than anything else known to man.
Studies show that it reduces the risk of some cancers, increases longevity, helps achieve and maintain weight loss, enhances mood, lowers blood pressure, and even improves arthritis.
3) Tame the bulge: It is not surprising to find that weight loss is one of the most popular New Year's resolutions.
4) Quit smoking: If one has resolved to make this the year that he stamp out his smoking habit, over-the-counter availability of nicotine replacement therapy now provides easier access to proven quit-smoking aids.
5) Enjoy life more: Given the hectic, stressful lifestyles of millions, it is no wonder that "enjoying life more" has become a popular resolution in recent years.
6) Quit drinking: While many people use the New Year as an incentive to finally stop drinking, most are not equipped to make such a drastic lifestyle change all at once. If one has decided to stop drinking, there is a world of help and support available.
7) Get out of debt: Was money a big source of stress in one's life last year? Join the millions of others who have resolved to spend this year getting a handle on their finances. It's a promise that will repay itself many times over in the year ahead.
8) Learn something new: One can take an oath to make this year the year to learn something new. It can be a career change, want to learn a new language, or just how to fix his computer? Challenge the mind in the coming year, and one's horizons will expand.
9) Help others: A popular, non-selfish New Year's resolution, volunteerism can take many forms.
10) Get organized: On just about every New Year resolution top ten list, organization can be a very reasonable goal. Whether one want his / her home organized enough that he / she can invite someone over on a whim, or office be organized enough that one can find the stapler when he need it, these tips and links should get you started on the way to a more organized life.