P. Ram Mohan
It is just a chemical reaction of potassium chloride and glycerin, reasons JVV State president P. Ram Mohan Rao who visited the spot
NAGEPUR (NIZAMABAD Dt.): Residents of this tiny village in Balkonda mandal were in a state of shock for four consecutive days -- from Saturday to Tuesday -- with fire suddenly breaking out everywhere in the residence of one Syed Sadullah.
Fire used to break out three to five times a day, particularly during the daytime, inside the house and around it. "But for the help of villagers, I could not have averted the burning of my house. My house would have been destroyed had the villagers not extinguished them by pouring water," says terribly shocked Shadulla, a small-time kirana merchant.
With the news spreading, mediapersons, policemen, mandal-level authorities and members of Jana Vignana Vedika rushed to the village. After a barrage of questions to Sadullah and his family members, the police registered a case and sent the half-burnt clothes of inmates to the forensic lab.
Jana Vignana Vedika State president P. Ram Mohan Rao, who visited the spot, says: "It is man-made and might be deliberately done by one of the family members or neighbours. It is just a chemical reaction of potassium chloride and glycerine and nothing else. Previously, we dealt with two to three such cases in the district." Village vice-president Sekhar Goud says no one who visited the village could show proper reason for the cause of the fire.
The fire broke out once again right in the presence of the Mandal Revenue Officer even after Sub-Inspector D. Nageswar Rao got the house totally washed.