A minor fire accident took place inside the kitchen (Potu) at the hill temple of Lord Venkateswara on Saturday.

Fortunately, there was no major damage either to the structure or to the employees involved in the preparation of the vada prasadam. The fire broke out at the additional kitchen situated behind the sanctum sanctorum within the main temple complex. Thick smoke billowed out of the kitchen minutes after the incident. However, fire tenders who rushed to the temple complex immediately doused the flames and brought the situation under control.

Even though the authorities are yet to establish the reasons for the mishap, initial reports suggest that the soot that accumulated on the walls of the kitchen aggravated fire.