HYDERABAD: What could easily have been a major disaster ended without any loss of life, thanks to swift action and systematic evacuation when fire broke out at Rainbow Hotel in Red Hills on Thursday midnight.
The fire which began in the storeroom on the ground floor did not spread to other floors, but thick plumes of smoke engulfed the three floors choking the 30 odd people who checked into lodging. One of the occupants, Ganesh, who jumped from the third floor in panic got injured and was shifted to a hospital later. He hailed from Chennai.
Firemen, who rushed to the hotel near Niloufer Hospital, broke open the windowpanes to allow the smoke to dissipate and later rescued the occupants with the help of ladders.