In a mistaken notion, a nine-year-old girl, Kilaparti Chinnammalu, a student of class III, of S.Kota Talari village in S. Kota mandal consumed pesticide, in a hurry to go to school, instead of tonic that were kept one by the other on a window of her home on Thursday morning. She collapsed on her way to the school. Passersby saw her froth and admitted to S. Kota Government Hospital. When her condition began deteriorating, she was rushed to KGH, Visakhapatnam, where she died late in the night. Her body was handed over to her parents Kilaparti Srinu and Savitri, small farmers in the village, after postmortem on Friday, according to police.