Today's Paper Archive Classifieds Subscriptions RSS Feeds Site Map ePaper Mobile Apps Social
SEARCH

Furniture gutted in commercial complex

Special Correspondent
Share  ·   print   ·  
Flames erupt from the tractor showroom on the first floor of a commercial complex on the Raj Bhavan Road on Wednesday.— Photo: Nagara Gopal
Flames erupt from the tractor showroom on the first floor of a commercial complex on the Raj Bhavan Road on Wednesday.— Photo: Nagara Gopal

Furniture and other articles were gutted in a tractor showroom after a fire broke out on the first floor of a commercial complex opposite Shell petrol bunk on the Raj Bhavan Road in Punjagutta on Wednesday.

An attender noticed the flames erupting in a corner of the showroom and rushed downstairs. Since it was raining heavily and traffic was choked on the road, the fire-tender could not reach on time.

The Punjagutta police, however, said no person was injured in the fire. The value of the property lost in the fire is yet to be estimated.


O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in ANDHRA PRADESH

Patna blast case: NIA files charge sheet

The National Investigation Agency (NIA) on Thursday filed first charge sheet in the case relating to the last year’s Patna serial blasts. »