Panic gripped the those working in the multi-storeyed Babu Khan Estate in Basheerbagh on Monday evening after fire broke out on the eleventh floor of the building. However, no one was injured.

Waste papers dumped in the balcony of a software company caught fire after some persons threw a burnt cigarette butt. On noticing the flames, employees first called the fire control room around 6.10 p.m. and later tried to douse flames by bringing water in buckets.

Fire-fighters from Secretariat station rushed to the spot, opened the hose reel and extinguished the flames.