Electrical goods worth around Rs.1.50 crore were destroyed in Munaga Singaiah electrical wholesale shop near the vegetable market in Y.V. street here on Thursday, owing to an electrical short circuit.

Extensive damage

Fire erupted around 9.30 a.m. in the shop that belongs to Munaga Rangaiah, honorary president of Kadapa Arya Vysya Sangham, and fire tenders rushed to put off the flames, which left extensive damage, according to the police.

The roof of the ground floor building collapsed and the walls cracked while the entire stock of electrical goods and furniture were reduced to ashes in the fire mishap.

Case registered

Electrical traders from all over Rayalaseema region purchase goods from the shop, Mr. Rangaiah said. Kadapa District Fire Officer Rajendra Prasad and Two-Town sub-inspectors Srinivasulu and Ghouse Peer inspected the gutted shop. A case has been registered.