HYDERABAD: Fire broke out in three-storeyed commercial complex housing offices of the ING Vysya bank and the Tourism Department at Himayathnagar on Thursday. No one was injured in the incident.
The bank employees first noticed the flames in the customer finance division on the third floor of the building and alerted the fire control room at around 6.40 p.m.
Twenty employees were on duty then. Three of them immediately went to the terrace, while others came to the ground floor.
Firemen later rescued the three employees trapped on the terrace with the help of a rope and ladder, District Fire Officer, P. V. Ramana told reporters.
Seven fire tenders were rushed to the spot and firemen had to struggle for three hours to douse the flames.
He said that computers and furniture were damaged in the incident. “We took all measures to prevent the fire from spreading to other floors,” he added.
Short-circuit could have led to the fire accident, he felt.