Eight black bucks died after they consumed pesticide capsules in corn fields adjacent to Gudiselapalli village in D. Hirehal mandal of Anantapur district on Wednesday.
Speaking to The Hindu , District Forest Officer K. Raghaviah said that the autopsy conducted on the animals proved that they had indeed died of poisoning from the phrase capsules, which they consumed in the corn fields and later collapsed in the surrounding groundnut fields.
Of a total population of around 12,000 black bucks in the reserve forests in the district, around a 100 of them are learnt to be in the forests of D. Hirehal mandal.
“The corn fields and groundnut fields were at an aerial distance of just 1.5 km. So the black bucks might have ventured into the fields searching for food,” said Mr. Raghaviah.