Special Correspondent

DHL setting up its India hub at Rajiv Gandhi Airport

Infrastructure access charges to be levied at Rs. 2,100 a kilo litre

HYDERABAD: British Airways will operate its service to Rajiv Gandhi International Airport for five times a week and Gulf Air, for four days a week.

Kiran Kumar Grandhi, chairman and managing director of the GMR Hyderabad International Airport Ltd (GHIAL) told reporters here on Monday that the company wanted to make the airport a cargo hub too. DHL was setting up its India hub here while Deccan would follow suit. While 60 per cent was belly cargo, the remaining 40 per cent was exclusively shipped in cargo aircraft.Several airline operators were keen on making the airport their hub and more new routes would be connected once the airport became operational on March 16. The infrastructure access charges (fuel throughput) would be levied at Rs. 2,100 a kilo litre, he said, adding that 46 per cent of airline expenditure was fuel charges only.