Staff Reporter

No complaint has been lodged so far: police

HYDERABAD: A day after a premature baby kept in an incubator was charred to death due to an electric short-circuit, Niloufer Hospital has been advised to use warmers instead of incubators.

This suggestion came from Family Welfare Commissioner and Niloufer Hospital Development Committee Chairman C.B.S. Venkataramana who visited the hospital on Tuesday.

The Commissioner expressed dissatisfaction over electrical wiring in the hospital. He noticed that the authorities kept bulbs over some cradles to provide warmth to premature babies.

He said such obsolete systems should be replaced with more convenient and safer instruments like warmers.

He instructed two engineers to study the wiring and prepare an estimate for replacing it in a week.

Meanwhile, the police said that they had not received any written complaint on the incident so far.

Case registered

A case of suspicious death under Section 174 of the CrPC was registered on Monday following an alert from hospital doctors.

"We're waiting for the site inspection report by electric authorities and the post-mortem report," Sub-Inspector Satish said.

Sections of the case would be altered if the report fixed responsibility on any official, he added.