SEARCH

Taxi gutted in fire

print   ·   T  T  
Charred: A mechanic inspecting the burnt taxi in Kadapa on Friday.
Charred: A mechanic inspecting the burnt taxi in Kadapa on Friday.

Special Correspondent

KADAPA: Electrical short-circuiting led to a fire in a mechanic shed belonging to Ravi at Chalakalabavi here on Friday and a taxi was badly burnt.

Ravi of Chinna Chowk was undertaking tinkering work on a taxi when it caught fire due to power short circuit.

A fire tender rushed to the shed and put off the flames. The shed owner put the loss at about Rs. 5 lakh.

Kadapa II Town sub-inspector Hanumantha Naik inspected the fire site and registered a case.


O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in ANDHRA PRADESH

Chief MinisterN. Chandrababu Naidu presenting a memento to Takeshi Ueneoyama, Fellow at the Panasonic Corporation, during his visit to Panasonic in Osaka, Japan, on Tuesday.- PHOTO: By Arrangement

‘Japan-Plus cell’ for quick online clearances: Naidu

On the second day of his tour to Japan, Chief Minister N. Chandrababu Naidu on Tuesday announced that a ‘Japan-Plus cell’ would be create... »