Staff Reporter

SANGAREDDY: Two members of a family died under suspicious circumstances at Toopran mandal headquarters, late on Tuesday night.

According to the police, P.H. Ramesh (47), his wife Padma (45), their son Santosh (25) and daughter Sravani (22) sustained burns.

Stove blast?

Though the reason stated was that they sustained burns in a kerosene stove blast, the police said the case was still under investigation.

While Padma and Santosh succumbed, Ramesh was battling for life.

However, Sravani escaped with minor burns. Ramesh’s father Rajaiah was also injured.

The injured were referred to Gandhi Hospital. The police registered a case were investigating further.

Burnt alive

In another incident, a 50-year-old man Hanmanthu was burnt alive when the hut in which he was sleeping caught fire at Jullakal village in Vaddepally mandal in the small hours of Wednesday. His wife Allamma who also received burns and was shifted to Kurnool hospital.

According to information, the hut caught fire reportedly to due to a short circuit at around 2 a.m. Their two sons had migrated to some other place in search of work.