SEARCH

Four suffer burns in cylinder explosion

print   ·   T  T  
LURKING DANGER: People gather near the site of the gas cylinder explosion that occurred near Sanathnagar on Wednesday.
LURKING DANGER: People gather near the site of the gas cylinder explosion that occurred near Sanathnagar on Wednesday.

Staff Reporter

Second such incident reported in the past one week in city

HYDERABAD: Four of a family suffered burns, two seriously, in an explosion following leakage of LPG gas in their single-room rented house at Janatanagar of Sanathnagar on Wednesday.

This is the second such incident reported in the past one week in the city. D. Laxmi and her husband, Narsimha, suffered third degree burns in a similar incident in their house at Kulsumpura and died undergoing treatment in the hospital a day later.

In the fresh incident, Laxminarayana, 45, and his wife, Sujatha, 38, both labourers, sustained over 80 per cent burns. Their sons, Ravi, 20, and Murali, 18, suffered 30 p.c. and 10 p.c. burns.

Sanathnagar Inspector A. Balakoti said the gas apparently leaked from the cylinder the previous night and got filled in the portion the family was using as a kitchen.

All of them were admitted to Gandhi Hospital.


O
P
E
N

close

Recent Article in ANDHRA PRADESH

Three swine flu patients go ‘missing’

While Health Minister T. Rajaiah on Thursday asserted that there was no need to panic in the backdrop of three swine flu deaths and that... »